Want to join us?
NYCIFF is looking for people with energy, enthusiasm and commitment for our 60 temporary jobs.
We have both paid positions and volunteer posts to choose from. For more information please CONTACT US!
Very Important information:
Please note that to be a strong candidate for paid job you need to have at least two years of experience under your selected sector.
NON- US Citizens must have and should be able to show proof of a work permit in the USA if applying for paid work.
The Non-Financial rewards available are:
- The chance to see NYCIFF films and events. 10 tickets, (subject to availability) to use when not working.
- Access to NYCIFF Delegate Centre.
- A hands-on learning experience
- Working in a vibrant environment with lots of colleagues who are into films.
- Getting NYCIFF into your CV.
- Festival volunteers are listed by name in the Official NYCIFF Catalogue in recognition of their dedication and service.
- Invitation to the Wrap Party for all our staff
The rewards of a Volunteer Post with NYCIFF:
- Festival films and events: 10 (Ten) tickets, (subject to availability), are yours for choosing, and all the rest are available to you on a stand by basis. Press screenings are also open to staff.
- Access to the Delegate Centre Work
- Experience within the film industry
- CV material
- Industry assistant
- Audience Award Assistant
- Red Carpet Crew
- Hospitality Coordinators
- Web Content Writer
- Information Coordinator Assistant
- Market Research Assistant
- Press Desk Assistant
- Technical Assistant
- Press & Media Monitor- TWO Positions
- Video Discotheque Assistant
- Print Traffic Assistant
- Promotion Assistant
The Administration department is responsible for all office operations.
PRESS provides a link between the Festival and the media – TV, Radio and Print – arranging coverage, reviews and interviews. This department runs a schedule of screenings for the press, holds press conferences, pushes stories and responds to the pull on their shirt tails of journalists for material.
The Development Department primarily raises sponsorship from the corporate sector, organizes Film Festival parties and co-ordinates the needs of sponsors including tickets, branding and corporate hospitality.
Film Industry Service
Running events, meetings and a videotheque for film industry delegates.
Guest Services is responsible for all aspects of hospitality for the film festival & Film Market.
The MARKETING dept produces all print including the Festival Program and Catalogue, all publicity materials, advertising, the website, displays, direct marketing, literally anything with our name on it, liaison with Box Office and also a public and guest information service. The Marketing department operates with the film festival and Film Market.
Operates a number of voluntary placements in various departments. If you are interested in helping with planning stages as well as at the event, this department may interest you.
Screenings is responsible for all the administrative work related to the films invited to the Festival. This department works with all the cinemas used by the festival to ensure the management of all films and special events.
TECHNICAL relates closely to the Screenings Dept to facilitate the many film festival events needing equipments installed or removed from venues.
For more information please CONTACT US!